Accomplishments of 2006
Program Accomplishments: Total Served/Direct Impact - 43,800
Prostate Cancer Awareness:
Goal: 330 Actual: 25,755 Direct Impact: 355
- 32.6% increase in the awareness level pertaining to the “Facts about the Prostate Gland”.
- 26.9% average increase in the number of men that said they were better equipped to recognize the symptoms of Prostate Cancer.
- Awareness of the Measures that can be taken to prevent and even cure Prostate Cancer increased by 25.1%.
Breast & Cervical Cancer Awareness:
Goal: 200 Actual: 25,727 Direct Impact: 277
- An overall 69.1% increase in the awareness levels pertaining to the “Facts about Breast & Cervical Cancer”.
- 62.4% increase in awareness that Pap Tests are still required after a Hysterectomy and other Pap test facts.
- A significant connection was made between early detection, preventative measures and the increase of being cured as seen in an overall 84% increase in the awareness levels in these areas.
- There was a 64.2% increase in the awareness level of (HPV) Human Papillomavirus and its connection to Cancer.
Goal: 350 Actual: 35,400 Direct Impact: 1068
- Our audience consisted of predominately African American youth.
- Almost 68% said they would postpone having sex based on the information received.
- 61% of the participants committed to using some form of latex barrier during sexual contact.
- 66% of the participants stated that they would discuss what they learned with family members, friends and sex partners.
- 97% committed to getting tested, especially following sexual activities without a latex condom and/or sharing needles.
If you want to know more about our organization and how we are performing toward our goal, please view our yearly scorecards below. Each page contains a list of the year's highlights and accomplishment. There is also a detailed chart showing the total number of people served through each department during the year.
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006