Accomplishments of 2009
Program Accomplishments: Total Served/Direct Impact - 44,854
- Harvest for the World Food Pantry: We served 10,858 Families that represents 40,097 Individuals. This program is supported by Triedstone, the Chicago Food Depository, The Food Rescue Program, Wellcare and various individual contributions.
- HIV AIDS Awareness Program: Our goal for the 2009 funding period is set at 800 and we have reached 1,659 directly and tested 93 people to date. See the Participant Age Group break out for more information. This program is supported by IDPH Minority Center of Health, ASHEA., Prevention Partnership and SAMHSA.
- Breast & Cervical Cancer Awareness Program: Our goal is set at 400 women and we have reached 907 for this program period. This program is being funded by Ticket For a Cure from the IDPH Women’s Health Office and ASHEA.
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Program: Our goal was to reach 100 men with Prostate Cancer Awareness information,. For the 2nd Quarter we facilitated 5 outreach events that reached 230 men. This program was funded by BMAC and ASHEA.
- CEDA LIHEAP: Our staff processed 375 applications and assisted 423 clients enabling individuals to receive Heating & Energy Assistance. The program was funded by the City of Chicago.
- Prevention Partnership Conference: In June, we collaborated with Prevention Partnership to host a two day HIV/AIDS Awareness and Program Capacity Building conference. This event offered an evening reception, (3) general assemblies and four (4) workshops or the participants. Representatives from the City of Chicago Public Health and SAMSHA / CSAP regional and federal directors were present. There was an average of 150 people each day.
- FGBCFI Midwest Region Pastors’ Conference: In March, we collaborated with FGBCFI Midwest Region to facilitate a capacity building conference. Fifty one pastors (51) attended from 5 states. 93% of the pastors rated the overall conference as very good to excellent; and 100% stated that the conference information would be beneficial to their churches. This event was funded by McFarland & Associates.
- FGBCFI State of Illinois First Ladies Breakfast: Collaborated to host a breakfast and health awareness workshop for Breast & Cervical Cancer Awareness in May. Forty (40) women from across the state attended.
- Re-Entry Initiatives / Access to Recovery:
- TRCDO Staffing Resources: There were 65 individuals place in jobs through collaborations with the City of Chicago PACT, Green Corps, Minority Workers Training & OAI programs. We continue to provide training and consulting services to OAI for “hard to place” individuals. New client for 2nd quarter included Westwood College. This program was funded by McFarland & Associates.
- Circle of Knowledge ACI Accredited High School Program: We have 62 new high school graduates for this funding period to date. We continue to collaborate with New Birth Training Institute. Between the two sites, in June we had 18 new graduates. This program was funded by McFarland & Associates.
- Prison In and Out Reach: We continue to collaborate with Cook County Department of Corrections Women of Power Alumni Associates Real Love Ministry. At these events hosted in May, we expected 125, we were able to reach 197 women and 42% received onsite HIV Testing. This program was funded by McFarland & Associates and the State of Illinois Minority Center of Health.
If you want to know more about our organization and how we are performing toward our goal, please view our yearly scorecards below. Each page contains a list of the year's highlights and accomplishment. There is also a detailed chart showing the total number of people served through each department during the year.
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006